Monday, June 9, 2008

GRAVEYARD WAR STORY

GRAVEYARD WAR STORY

Since I have nothing to do.I copied a story from UNKNOWN agent who had nothing to do as well.
FYI:Grammars are not edited.

I'm still trying to stay asleep at 10:30.Closing my eyes at one attempt for a power nap before closing my eyes before my battle begins.

KRINNNG!!!!!! A las 10:45 but there's no need to hurry...work is just eight minutes away (from this cozy bed) anyway..

At the entrance, the smell of the coffee stinks!It's everywhere like oxygen.The air that I breathe,the blood pumped from and to my heart,freely flowing in my nerves and the buzzing sound from upstairs annoyed my ears...deafening it's so loud agains the peaceful night.

THIS IS OUR WORLD.MY WORLD.We live when light dies completely.Eleven strikes and I'm on the roll once more.

HELLO!How may I help you today?At the end of the world a half dead is trying to to purchase herself a pair of pants and a raspberry blouse.In the middle of the call,in between heavy breathing and coughing the OLD lady is raising hell over a FREE gift which doesn't go along with the order.You're STUPID! You don't know what you are doing DUMB! In my mind I strangled the old lady with the cord of her telephone until she shouted "no more and breathe no more.I wish I can do that. HOWEVER, my job call is for wuality customer service.So in between "bullshit" and F@ck you and with all my unuttered defense.I smile and say "I understand ma'am".

While the world is sleeping, I and my colleagues are kicking some ass trying to pacify irate customers or attending the needs of busy people who can't afford to waste time to go to department stores or aren't just capable of doing.

The principle is like PIZZA DELIVERY. You call to place an order and then have your order delivered to you.One way of making life easy.And its the trend mostly is US and some countries as well.A very essential trend to go with,That's why their milk and honey overflow to other parts in ASIA.

YES,You've got that right.OLD I said.NO agent limit to work in this business.For as long as one can take calls with efficient communication skills,patience to the end of the call with smile and the energy to stay wide awake for 10 hrs or 8 hrs on GRAVEYARD SHIFTS.

What more to call center that mostly egocentric people calling for assistance,technicians lost on their way to installation,couch potatoes growling about poor TV reception and threatening charges against the service provider just find out unplugged cable afterwards and a whole lot of banging your PC for your own release!

These scenarios that eats up my life and saps my energy.If you'll observe TV ads of energizer and anti-stress booze,you will see a call center setting or at least a call center revived to life by those boosters.I must say advertisers choose the right subject to hit the right market.Further, some time after explosion of the call center trend, health issues bombarded the industry and didn't escape media scoop.One can read about it and hear about it.The CALL CENTER JOB is a tough job.A MIX of physical and emotional torture.

I've seen many comrade stumbled along the way.The others raised the white flag and retreated , others were proven misfits,while others fought to their last bullet only to aim the gun at their heads in the end. YES, a torture.

NERVE wracking to hear? YET why is HIRING still NON-stop in call center industry?

At the same entrance that smells like coffee, an innocent aspirants are flooding in for acceptance almost everyday.The promised compensation perhaps
VERY TEMPTING amidst high rate of unemployment or is it the facade,the passion for customer service?

The latter seems too good to be true but it's the truth nevertheless ( for some at least) It makes one useful and fullfilled to be of HELP to be commended for being polite and enthusiastic and especially to be easily undertood without shouting or exaggerating too much.At the lighter side,sitting here on my terminal for nearly 10 hours now,has made my patience GROW to it's FULLEST.
PATIENCE a virtue that feeds the soul as well. And I admire those people who stayed long in the call center industry as AGENTS.

The enemies are slowly ceasing now.(at the end of the world) as darkness of the night succumbs to the light.My eyes!PUFFY EYES! with dark circles are battling at one more power attempt to stay awake.


KRINNNG!!!! alas it's 9am.I need to hurry up !




***END****

No comments: